I was speaking with a very successful blogger today. We were talking about how much the blogging world has changed in the last 10 years.
When he started, you wrote about what you knew. You published it and people would come. You were automatically an expert.
Now you have to consider keyword research, SEO and how attractive your work is. Graphics count!
Why Graphics are Important
- The statistics tell us – design sells!
- Whether you agree or not, a solid web design translates into strong consumer trust. It’s all about establishing your expertise.
- The perception of your product is altered by your package design.
- Good design makes your product memorable.
- Making your design user-friendly means more traffic and more interaction.
- A good design helps you appeal to your target market.
- Your design can set you apart from the crowd. In a world of average, stand out.
- And remember, you only get one chance to make a good first impression!
Free Tools to Create Graphics
Thankfully, everyone can be a graphic designer now. With the abundance of free and low cost tools available online. You can create your own branded look, your own social media graphics and you can do it on the go.
Some of my favorite tools are:
Teach Yourself Graphic Design
And if jumping right in to creating your own graphics is too daunting. There are lots of free online courses that can help hone your design talents.
These are some of the best free graphic design courses to help you learn about the the foundations of typography, color and essential graphic design software:
Many virtual assistants are skilled graphic designers or have a designer on speed dial. If you taking care of your own graphics is not in your wheelhouse, graphic design for your blog, social media and more is a great task to pass off your VA!